The Spring Fling April 30, 2016 - 9 AM
2016 CONVENTION | September 16-17 • JC Fairgrounds • Swainsboro, GA
2016 FUNDRAISER | Become a 2016 GTA Convention Sponsor
WORKING TOGETHER IS THE KEY TO OUR FUTURE AS TRAPPERS
Georgia Trappers Association [GTA] would like to welcome you
to our home on the web.
We hope your visit is pleasant and
We are interested in promoting the education and growth of hunting, fishing, and trapping while maintaining the highest standards of sportsmanship. We want to encourage public conservation and the protection, restoration and management of water, wildlife, forest and fields. We strive to cooperate with county, state, federal and private agencies having the responsibilities for wildlife and land management.
MEMBERSHIP | Cost is $25.00/yr
If you haven't renewed your membership recently, now is a good time. Trappers all over the country are facing extinction and Georgia is no exception. We need the support of everyone to keep trapping a viable outdoor activity for the future. Many states are losing their trapping rights a little at the time. Georgia could be next
if we don't pay attention to our sport.
APPLY • ONLINE • download application off the WEB
Questions? Email email@example.com
TRUTH AND FACT: Synthetic vs Natural There are more wild furbearers in the United States today than there was 100 years ago.
- Government quotas and strict conservation practices keep wildlife, including furbearers, at optimum levels.
- There are no furbearing animals in the United States or Canada which are endangered or threatened by fur harvesting today.
- Millions of North Americans depend on fur harvesting for their livelihood. These people have a vested interest in protecting the natural environment.
- Natural fur, used in coats and other garments, is a renewable resource.
- Nothing is wasted in the production of a wild fur garment. Furbearers provide food, organic fertilizer, medicines, and other biodegradable products.
- Conversely, synthetic materials exhaust our limited supply of oil and other non-renewable resources.
- Sound wildlife management programs ensure the necessary supply of natural wild fur for today's needs and those of tomorrow.